To administer a comprehensive emergency/disaster programme in collaboration with Stakeholders in order to save lives, protect property and safeguard development gains;
- To coordinate all DRM issues in the country
- To advice the National and County Governments, private sector and all stakeholders in DRM.
- To coordinate, collect, review and analyze information relevant to DRM.
- To establish a National Early warning and emergency community system
- To promote disaster risk management capacity building, training and education throughout the country including in school.
- To promote and strengthen linkages with key state department, international organizations, counties, wards and community based disaster management structures.
- To promote research into all aspects of disaster management.
- To oversee regular drills and exercises in all public establishments